[cups.general] Make lprng work with cups

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:49:38 PDT 2006

Julien,

We had a problem a while back with Macs printing to the CUPS server.
They could talk to cups, but as soon as you requested to print multiple
copies, you'd get the copy count squared (e.g., it would send a 5 copy
print job 5 times).  After a bit of googling, I found out about the
cups-lpd daemon which would allow the Macs to use lpd to talk to the
CUPS server.  Since lprng is basically an enhanced lpd, I would imagine
the cups-lpd would be the answer.

-- Rob