How to add digital signing to CUPS-PDF queue

Pepi Zawodsky cups.org at maclemon.at
Sun Aug 27 07:13:23 PDT 2006

I want to add a digital signature to the PDFs printed through a certain CUPS-PDF queue. (For use as digitally signed invoices.) The needed key pair and certificate are available as .p12 certificate. (I can convert to .pem or .cer format)

How can I add digital signing to the PDF print queue?

I have already searched the fora here, and also have googled around a lot. I only found commercial solutions that cost 4 digit Euro sums which is ridiculous.

I am using Mac OS X (Server) 10.4.x (aka Tiger) and CUPS-PDF 2.4. CUPS itself tells me Version 1.1.23 in the webinterface.

Thanks for your assistance!
MacLemon