Newbie needs help can't setup printer

Shayne ganther at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 28 01:16:45 PDT 2006

Ok I am new to Linux and the information I have found so far is over my head at this point.

I am trying to set up an old HP 4 Pluse in Fedora core 5, the printer is networked and has an ip address. I go into the system -->admin--> printing. the gui is GNOME.

from there I am lost I select Networked CUPS(IPP) next window asks for the  server (I enter in the host name I entered during installation) and path (I enter in the IP address for the printer) won't print.

Not sure what to put for the server but I am assuming the path would be the ip address. those are the only options I get from there it asks me to slecet print (that I do understand)

could some one direct me to the light so I can get my printer working on Fedora. what am I entering wrong.

Thanks in advance