Remote Printing from a Thin Client

Stefan Pfetzing stefan.pfetzing at secunet.com
Mon Aug 28 08:12:30 PDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering which way would be the best to solve the following scenario:

- a thin client to which a printer is connected
- an application server, on which a user loggs in (via remote X11 or similar)

Only the user logged in through the thin client should be able to print on that printer, and all prints by that user should only be printed to that printer.

My current guess is, I should write a script as a "backend" which then prints to the printer connected at the thin client, but maybe there is a better / easier solution.

I've already searched google, but didn't find very much.

Thanks

bye

Stefan