Officejet Pro K550 does not work with cups 1.2.2

Matt Broughton walterwego at macosx.com.invalid
Mon Aug 28 17:42:28 PDT 2006

In article <26541-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
 Gerald Dietze <DSI at Gerald-Dietze.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> seems I may have found some bug because nobody knows, what to do?
>
> But I rather guess that I have made some installation mistake - does
> someone know what might cause the problem?

I believe you installation contains several mistakes and you have failed
to install some basic executables.

I would recommend that you remove the files you have already installed
per you previous post.  Then, go to
<http://linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/>.  Download and install the
software found on both the "hpijs-foomatic-2.0.2.ppc.dmg" and the
"espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg".  You should now be able to add the printer
through the Printer Setup Utility.

Matt

--
Matt Broughton