Officejet Pro K550 does not work with cups 1.2.2

Gerald Dietze DSI at Gerald-Dietze.de
Wed Aug 30 01:03:28 PDT 2006

Hi Matt,

> I believe you installation contains several mistakes and you have failed
> to install some basic executables.

this may be a problem, I must admit.

> I would recommend that you remove the files you have already installed
> per you previous post.  Then, go to
> <http://linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/>.  Download and install the
> software found on both the "hpijs-foomatic-2.0.2.ppc.dmg"

Thanks for your advice, I will try this out though the package is of
march 26, 2005 when the Officejet Pro K550 didn't exist yet. So I will
maybe have to do the previously made steps, again.

> and the
> "espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg".  You should now be able to add the printer
> through the Printer Setup Utility.

I have already installed ghostscript some time ago, so shouldn't I skip
this?

Thanks,

Gerald