Officejet Pro K550 does not work with cups 1.2.2

Matt Broughton walterwego at macosx.com.invalid
Wed Aug 30 08:54:00 PDT 2006

In article <26587-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
 Gerald Dietze <DSI at Gerald-Dietze.de> wrote:

> > I would recommend that you remove the files you have already installed
> > per you previous post.  Then, go to
> > <http://linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/>.  Download and install the
> > software found on both the "hpijs-foomatic-2.0.2.ppc.dmg"
>
> Thanks for your advice, I will try this out though the package is of
> march 26, 2005 when the Officejet Pro K550 didn't exist yet. So I will
> maybe have to do the previously made steps, again.

The PPD for the Officejet Pro K550 is not included in the Mac OS X
distribution of the hpijs drivers.  However--
a. HP indicates that the printer uses PCL 3 enhanced.
b. linuxprinting.org indicates that it works with the hpijs drivers
c. the PPD from linuxprinting.org calls on the "ijs" device which should
be built in to your copy of Ghostscript.

As you have already added the PPD to /usr/share/cups/model, you should
be set with a PPD that will work with the Mac OS X hpijs distribution.
It looks like everything should come together and work without any
problems.

> > and the
> > "espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg".  You should now be able to add the printer
> > through the Printer Setup Utility.
>
> I have already installed ghostscript some time ago, so shouldn't I skip
> this?

If you have already installed Ghostscript, you should not have to
install it again.

Matt

--
Matt Broughton