Foomatic Stopped

Luciano Giacchetta lgiacchetta at jusbaires.gov.ar
Wed Aug 30 09:29:58 PDT 2006

Helge Blischke escribió:
> Luciano Giacchetta wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just compile and install cups-1.2.2, espgs-8.15.2,
>> foomatic-filters-3.0 with foomatic-filters-ppds in debian sarge box.
>> All Ok,
>>
>> But when try to print a test print page from cups web interface happen
>> the follow error...
>>
>> /opt/cups/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip) stopped with status 1!
>>
>> I try to configure the foomatic config file from
>> ../foomatic/etc/filter.conf but nothing change.
>>
>> I set debug level to debug2 but the debugging do not generate more
>> info about this problem.
>>
>> I Check the permission about this file ../cups/filter/foomatic-rip but
>> nothing..
>>
>> Anybody know this error???
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>>
>> Luciano
>
> In the foomatic-rip script, there is a statement
>
> $debug = 0;
>
> Change the '0' to '1' and look for the debug info which gets written then.
>
> Helge

Thanks Helge,

It´s works fine, i change this parameter in foomatic-rip and i could
find the problem.
I does´t have installed hpijs :P

Did you install HPLIP?? I download the source code 1.6.7 version and try
to compile and install, but the package is the full version of HPLIP and
for cups printing i only need hpijs support.
Do you know where i can find only hpijs source code?? The debian package
  is too old, in testing version the last package is 0.9.x ...

Thanks in Advance...

Luciano