Officejet Pro K550 does not work with cups 1.2.2

Matt Broughton walterwego at macosx.com.invalid
Thu Aug 31 08:32:37 PDT 2006

In article <26606-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
 Gerald Dietze <DSI at Gerald-Dietze.de> wrote:
> > c. the PPD from linuxprinting.org calls on the "ijs" device which should
> > be built in to your copy of Ghostscript.
>
> I am not so sure about that but I installed the espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg
> file at first which is no problem with a previously installed version of
> ghostscript.

You installed Ghostscript using a prebuilt Mac binary, so the ijs device
will have been included.

> But anyway there occur still the following error messages when I am
> trying to print:
> <
> No %%BoundingBox: comment in header!
> Network host '10.0.1.1 is busy ; will retry in 30 seconds
>  >

> For the printer setup I chose the OSX printer utility's option add
> printer and:
> -Internet Printing Protocol - IPP
> -Address: 10.0.1.1 (which is the IP of the Airport base station that the
> printer is attached to)
> -chose HP Officejet Pro K550 Foomatic/hpijs from the menue.

I'm not very familiar with networking printers and the various protocols
each device uses.  If no one else here has a ready answer, I would
suggest you try posting your question to the Apple Discussion board.
There are some good network people there.  You might try searching the
printing discussion group as this has probably already been answered
there.  You can always start a new topic there.
<http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=756>.

Matt

--
Matt Broughton