[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1907: Problem printing GMT PostScript

John M Kuhn John.M.Kuhn at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 11 06:57:13 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I have a problem when printing PostScript files created with GMT (Generic
Mapping Tools) using Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.  This is using cupsys version
1.2.2-0ubuntu0.6.06.  I create a PostScript file with the following
command:

/usr/lib/gmt/bin/psxy --PAPER_MEDIA=letter -R1/7.5/1/10 -JX6.5i/9i \
   -Ba1f0.25WSne -P /dev/null > test.ps

The resulting test.ps file previews correctly in gv and every other
PS viewer I have tried.  When I print the file, the resulting page
has my figure magnified about 4x such that the lower left of the
figure fills the entire page.  I get the same result on 4 different
PostScript printers (different models and manufacturers).

Other PostScript files generated in OOo or Firefox print correctly.

The file will print correctly if I use "-oraw".
If I copy the test.ps file to other machines running CUPS 1.1.23
or other spooling systems, the file will print correctly on the
same 4 printers.

It appears that pstops is doing something that causes the PostScript
command "0.24 0.24 scale" to be ignored resulting in the figure
being scaled by a factor of 4.16667.

I filed a bug with Ubuntu:
   https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/55694

Pascal De Vuyst confirmed the bug and suggested that I file here.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1907
Version: 1.2.2