[cups.development] ClassifyOverride check overloaded?

Matt Anderson mra at hp.com
Tue Aug 15 15:01:00 PDT 2006

In scheduler/ipp.c add_job() there are checks to see if the user is
overriding the job-sheets with alternative they supplied.  When
ClassifyOverride is set to No (the default) this is supposed to be ignored.

There is a check:

If (ClassifyOverride)
{
}
else if (strcmp(attr->values[0].string.text, Classification) &&
         (attr->num_values == 1 ||
         strcmp(attr->values[1].string.text, Classification)))
{
}

I think the else check here might be overloaded.  When I have
ClassifyOverride No and lets say Classification secret I can specify
either `lpr -o job-sheets=none,secret foo` or job-sheets=secret,none and
the printout with come out as I requested with no log messages
indicating an override.

Essentially without ClassifyOverride enabled I can request either banner
page to be omitted and the server will comply without even logging it.
If this is intentional perhaps it could be more clearly described by the
documentation, but I suspect this is a bug.

-matt