[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1927: lpq/lprm don't work with remote LPD queues

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Aug 22 05:10:13 PDT 2006

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

First, there is absolutely no way for us to associate a LPD job with our
local job - the protocol does not return the created job ID, and we can't
change the job title to look it up without causing other problems in
certain environments.

Second, since we can't get the remote job ID in the lpd backend, we can't
wait for the job to complete or pass the print status through to the IPP
side (where the lpq/lprm commands can access it...)

Finally, since we can't get the remote job ID, we can't support local
cancel of the job (not that it would work with most print servers
anyways...)

So, sorry, but we're unable to make the current print-via-LPD support any
more robust...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1927
Version: 1.1.22rc1
Fix Version: Will Not Fix