Viewing Printers from web - printer queues referencing old server

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Sat Dec 2 09:11:49 PST 2006

It's one of the server that serves our dev systems.

I checked the cache directory, printers.conf, printcap, ppd files but
STLAM508 is not found anywhere else except in hosts(STLAM508 commented)
and the job history files(changed all references of old STLAM508 to new STLDV503).

The host file and DNS has been updated accordingly and with regards
to DNS, forward and reverse resolves correctly. nslookup of old
STLAM508(forward or reverse) does not resolve so DNS is setup correctly
for the new hostname.

Moving the mouse pointer over to the Printers tab shows
http://stlam508:631/printers/ and every printer queues shows the same
thing as if it's hard-coded somewhere.

I'm short of reinstalling the server from scratch but if this issue can
be resolved with minor file or configuration changes, I'd prefer doing
that instead while a complete reinstall will be my last resort.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Angel