cups-1.2.7 problem

John Thompson john at starfleet.os2.dhs.org
Sat Dec 2 10:05:29 PST 2006

I just built and installed cups-1.2.7 on my linux computer but am having
problems configuring it for my printer -- an Epson C86 inkjet connected
to an Epsonnet print server. When I use the web interface to add a
printer, it finds the printer on the network, but then takes several
minutes looking for drivers before eventually offering me only one
option: "raw"

I have the gutenprint-5.0 package installed and the proper ppd is
there:

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 11039 Dec  2 10:57
/usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint/5.0/C/stp-escp2-c86.5.0.ppd.gz

I can add the ppd manually, but the printer doesn't print. The job just
spools up and sits there.

I can use this printer without problems from other computers, so I'm
fairly certain it is an issue on this particular machine.

Any ideas?

--

-John (john at os2.dhs.org)