[cups.general] Mac-generated PDF doesn't print.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Dec 4 09:54:39 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 08:44:03AM -0500, Helge Blischke wrote:
> The PDF is OK and prints fine at our site. As you use the gutenprint
> approach for your canon printer, check if you have the proper ghostscript
> installed.

Thank you very much for checking.

I have two printers.  One is the printer where the job does not print
and it is a HP 4ML laserjet *postscript* printer.

The other is a Epson photo USB which works.

Sorry, I wish I knew more about printing, but is ghostscript still
used when printing directly to a Postscript printer?

$ dpkg -l | grep Ghost
ii  gs-common                             0.3.11                              Common files for different Ghostscript relea
ii  gs-esp                                8.15.3.dfsg.1-1                     The Ghostscript PostScript interpreter - ESP
ii  gs-gpl                                8.54.dfsg.1-5                       The GPL Ghostscript PostScript interpreter
ii  gsfonts                               8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre41-1            Fonts for the Ghostscript interpreter(s)
ii  gsfonts-x11                           0.20                                Make Ghostscript fonts available to X11

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org