2400w 2 weeks and still trying

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Tue Dec 5 11:31:47 PST 2006

Hi!

kim wrote:

> This is what I have tried so far..

novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3150964&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=19520022&stateId=1%200%202792508"]click
> here until I got to point number 5. I dont know what the heck that
> means....nor how to get there.

Point 5 means that you should download a file for color correction. But I
don't know if there exists a file for your printer model. This help is for
other printing models not for 2400W.

There exists a driver project for your printer.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/m2300w/

> usb 3-4: Manufacturer: KONICA MINOLTA
> usb 3-4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 3 if 0
> alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x132B pid 0x2001 usbcore: registered new driver usblp

Seems that USB is working. CUPS and YaST should find the correct printer
port.

> Apparently I have just discovered I am not allowed to attach dmesg file,
> so here it is in quotes. Apologies. Please help.

Check where is the exact problem:
*) Can you see an unconfigured or configured printer in YaST?
*) Can you configure your printer?
*) What does the printer exactly, when you try to print? (lights, blank
page, ...)

Look into CUPS error file: /var/log/cups/error_log
If you don't see anything, try to increase LogLevel in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
and restart cups.

In the case you have problems with YaST, try to use CUPS Webinterface. For
SuSE you need to set a user and password first (try "lppasswd -g sys -a
lpadmin").

best regards!
Bernd