Multiple Copies From Win2k

Lutieri lutierigbtrabalho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:54:28 PST 2006

> >> It's the number of copies - "man filter" for more information.
> >>
> >> What driver are you using on the Windows box?
> > From HP Site http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=pt&cc=br&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=446153&prodNameId=446154&swEnvOID=181&swLang=32&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ly-31746-2
> >
> > Really :s I don't know what to do more!!! :-(
> >
> > I tryed this: http://www.morgandavis.net/tools/windows/netprint.html
> >
> > but i can't reassing a new port to printer as described in link above.
> >
> > where is the problem? Windows client or Linux server?!?!
> >
> > to Print or not to print is the question :)
>
> Since you are using the Windows driver, the problem is on the
> Windows side... :(
>
> --

Now I followed step-by-step Morgan Davis' hint: http://www.morgandavis.net/tools/windows/netprint.html

It's working... ALELUIA!! hehe
I'll need to make reports and statistics from server use. 'Cause i'm using pykota :)

Now I got two problems:
1 - if i send two pages from win2k it will print 2 pages.. OK! but in cups log will appear 2661 pages?!?! o.O If I send more pages same thing happen... will print but the number of pages in logs will appear crazy..

but i've found solution: go to propertis of printer, ports tab and uncheck "Enable bi-directional support". That should fix it. =D OK.. all works fine now..

2 - title of document is showed as: Remote Downlevel Document.

ohhh no.. i need the document title. my boss need reports of printed jobs with job title, number of pages, quotas... all fiels in cups log must be correct... :-/

and now?!?! what can i do?!

tanx