kde control center with CUPS?

gary gary at localhost.localdomain
Tue Dec 5 13:44:20 PST 2006

I seem to recall that using Fedora / KDE control center / printer would
likely interfere with the proper operation of cups; for instance, that
trying to change the settings of a job (copies or contrast) using the
controls provided in the control center would not work properly. Further,
that starting or stopping, or especially adding or deleting a printer may
corrupt the installation and require rebuilding the cups configuration.

Has this changed, or did I misunderstand at the time? The web
admin is nice, but the "local" controls are far more flexible and capable.