Printing job stuck

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Dec 6 04:24:18 PST 2006

Bawenang wrote:
> Hi, I used the CUPS 1.3 SVN downloaded from this website. And
> everytime I print, it get stuck and stay in the queue even if it has
> finished printing. It stays there until I removed it manually. Why is
> this happening?

It is impossible to say with the information you have provided.  We
need to know what driver you are using, how the printer is connected
(lpstat -v), and what configure options are getting used.

Since 1.3svn is a developer snapshot, you may run into issues like
this, as well as incompatibilities with third-party drivers.  Unless
you need features that are only available in 1.3, we recommend
sticking with 1.2.x until 1.3.0 comes out.