Collate help!

Ricky Armstead rarmstead at bluecanopy.com
Thu Dec 7 07:28:27 PST 2006

> If you are using Postscript driver, "lp -d printername -n 2 -o
> collate=3Dtrue file.ps" should work.

Thanks for your reply! That works in Linux... collating by specify Collate=True than the file name. Problem is when Clients print through samba they can not collate.  I am using a mix of postscript and pcl drivers on my server for different printers.

When I print directly to the printer in windows, it is able to collate.
When I print in cups, specify the Collate=True it collates perfectly.
But can not collate through samba.

I did numerous lpoptions -o Collate=True on the printer in cups and also globally on the server... no luck. I might try just specifying lpoptins -o Collate=False and see if that fix the problems. I looked at all my .ppd none of them say anything about collating, I wonder is it not supported on our printers? or maybe not supported in our cups version. Using Cups Version 1.1.23-r8 and samba version 3.0.22-r3 in Gentoo

If anyone has a sulotion or any and everything I can try please let me know thanks!