[cups.general] Mac-generated PDF doesn't print.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Dec 7 10:00:49 PST 2006

Sorry to ask again, but my son can't get his homework to print on the
printer he has access to. ;)

So, it seem the PDF file I posted is fine.  Is this how the job is
suppose to work logically when using a 4ML postscript printer?

    cat my_pdf_file | pdftops | pstops -> directly to printer backend

(with some options along the way)

So, is the Postscript one of the filters is creating is invalid for my
printer?

Again, I'm able to print some text generated by the OSX application --
but when I mix fonts or set them to specific sizes it won't print.
Perhaps that is a red herring.

Also, I do see the lights flash on the printer but then nothing prints
(and subsequent jobs from other applications print fine).  Should the
HP 4ML be telling the backend (and then cups) what the error is?

Here's my printers.conf and PPD file that Helge ask for previously.

Thanks very much,