cups-1.2.7 problem

John Thompson john at vector.os2.dhs.org
Thu Dec 7 14:05:19 PST 2006

On 2006-12-04, Alan Lord <lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

john at os2.dhs.org wrote:

>> I can use this printer without problems from other computers, so I'm
>> fairly certain it is an issue on this particular machine.

> I am experiencing a similar sounding problem to yours and have posted twice on this forum (http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s11183+gcups.general+v11186+T0) but have had no replies whatever.
> I can only guess this isn't the most active board around - I'm going to see if I can find another source of assistance elsewhere.
> I was hoping to just get some pointers to help me diagnose the problem but  so far nothing...

I did a complete reinstallation and have gotten it to work -- after a
fashion -- using the Turboprint drivers from www.turboprint.de

I say "after a fashion" because although the job will print, it is not
cleared from the spool after it completes. I need to manually delete the
job before it will move on to the next job.

--

John (john at os2.dhs.org)