advertise printers with the good ip

Sebastien Barthelemy sebastien.barthelemy at libertysurf.fr
Sat Dec 9 15:22:28 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to share a printer that is set up on the "server" (that is also my lan router) with anybody on the LAN.

The printer is working and printing correctly from the server and I can access it through the web ui from the LAN (with "Listen 192.168.1.1:631" and some "Allow 192.168.1.*") and print test page.

The server is advertising with "BrowseAddress 192.168.1.255" and I can show the printer on the clients'cups.

Perfect.

The only problem is that the server is advertising himself with its _public_, and not the private one (192.168.1.1:631). But I don't listen at this IP.
Therefore, on the client, the printer is looked for at the public IP of the server, and nothing works.

Is there any way the tell cups to advertise the good IP ?

Thanks a lots for any hint