[cups.general] Printer Recommendations

Steve Bergman sbergman at rueb.com
Mon Dec 11 09:35:01 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 18:21 +0100, Klaus Singvogel wrote:
> Steve Bergman wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 11:01 -0500, Chuck Divine wrote:
> >
> > Check with the  http://www.linuxprinting.org database.  It is an
> > excellent resource.
> >
> > I'm partial to HP, myself.  Samsung has an excellent reputation.
>
> I agree with you in general, but not with Samsung.

Oops.  That is *not* what I meant to type.  I meant to type "Epson has
an excellent reputation". (I'm not quite with it today.)

Reminds me of that famous typo in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Galaxy":

"When the Editors of the Guide were sued by the families of those who
died as a result of taking the entry on the planet Traal literally (it
said 'Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts often make a very good meal for
visiting tourists' instead of 'Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts often make a
very good meal of visiting tourists'), they claimed that the first
version of the sentence was the more aesthetically pleasing, summoned a
qualified poet to testify under oath that beauty was truth, truth beauty
and hoped thereby to prove that the guilty party in this case was Life
itself for failing to be either beautiful or true. The judges concurred,
and in a moving speech held that Life itself was in contempt of court,
and duly confiscated it from all those there present ..."

-Steve