cups/backend/snmp stuck at 100% processor utilization

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Mon Dec 11 12:24:20 PST 2006

Running Fedora Core 6 with cups 1.2.7 as packaged/updated by Fedora.

Today, after printing to a networked laserjet (both port 9100 and 631 at various times), I find my copy of cups/backend/snmp stuck at 100% processor utilization. Fortunately, I have two processors :)

I'm not sure what's going on or how to debug this. An hour with man pages has not been productive.

Can somebody point me in the right place?

Thanks.
Ed Greenberg
San Jose, CA