[cups.general] Client doesn't see the configuration options? Why?

Qeldroma qeldroma at freenet.de
Mon Dec 11 14:28:56 PST 2006

Hi,

i had to re install my whole server-system, which provides access to my
printer for all my home-pcs..

So i configured an canon ip5200 on this host and opened the config for remote
clients.

On client side, i opened the broadcast.

Now what's my problem:
Because of a missing backup i have to do it completely new. Before, i had
access on the clients as i have connected the printer locally, meaning i
could access the dpi, page-size, etc... -options directly on the clients.

Now, i can only change them on the server, don't know why.

As you can imagine, it is pretty ugly to switch always all settings on the
serverside instead of the application, i am using in that moment (p.e.
kprinter).

I added my configs on client and serverside, please tell me, what i'll have to
change, to provide direct configuration access to my clients again..

Kind regards, Florian