CUPS printer state is IDLE but printer is processing (printing)

Ozgur Gungor ozgur22 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:56:42 PST 2006

Hello,

I am using cups version 1.2rc3 and a HP LaserJet 4050 printer networked with JetDirect.

When i send a 20 pages long file to printer using "lp file.txt", it correctly prints all pages. My problem is that, during this printing proccess, i cannot get printer state as processing in the administration tool (http://localhost:631/printer/) although i see the printer machine is working. I only get IDLE. Is there was to fix this or is it a property of cups api?

Thank you,
Ozgur Gungor