Localization fixes...

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Thu Dec 14 08:27:58 PST 2006

> Opher Shachar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   Currently, it seems, dates and times in the jobs list are not localized. Any chance of this changing?
>
> They are localized to the browser-specified language, which often
> only includes the language part but not the regional part (e.g. "he"
> but not "he_IL"), so it is possible you are getting a generic date/
> time format instead of your regional one.
>
> The scheduler will log the choice of locale it makes for browser
> requests in the /var/log/cups/error_log file, e.g.:
>
>      cupsdReadClient: 8 Browser asked for language "en-us.utf-8"...
>
> What are you seeing?

I get,
    cupsdReadClient: 16 Browser asked for language "he.utf-8"...

Indeed if I manually set the language id in IE6 to he-il I do get the dates localized. This requires visiting every client workstation. Moreover Firefox does not allow manual setting of the language and does not contain he-il in its list :(

I read in another thread that you consider any application that reports only the language as the locale to be "broken".

Thanks,
Opher Shachar.