Extending the Web Interface

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Dec 14 10:21:40 PST 2006

Opher Shachar wrote:
> So if I have an executable file like so
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     java -cp <whatever> MyJavaCGI
>
> It should do the trick, right?

Right, although doing:

     exec java -cp <whatever> MyJavaCGI

will be slightly more efficient.

> .. And do the Java classes under scripting/java have a method to
> return this - the server file path of a job?

No, we don't support accessing the job control files directly.
Aside from security considerations, it exposes an implementation
detail that we don't want to support forever...

> Is it at all available through IPP and if so where can I read about
> this?

Yes, you can get everything via IPP using the Get-Job-Attributes and
change things using the Set-Job-Attributes requests.  The IPP specs
are your first place to look, followed by the Java example code (I
think there is some job monitoring stuff there...)