how to use a mpage ps filter ?

Fred fbe314 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:49:58 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm quite new to cups. I mainly have text files to print, for which I want to specify the number of lines and columns to be printed in the page.
Until now, in the old lpd's world, I used to write a mpage filter like

mpage -o -1 -L72 -W80

wich was in a file that was specified in the /etc/printcap like

:if=/usr/local/bin/filter/myfilter:

Now, with cups' lpoption, I can specify cpi or lpi, but I find it more usefull and readable to define what I want in terms of lines or columns per page rather than per inch ...

So, I would like to keep my mpage filters in cups. Is it possible ?

NB: I'm currently looking at the "lpadmin -i" command, that may do the job. Is there a "graphic" way by the help of the web interface ?

thx,