The use of HTTPS

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Fri Dec 15 01:08:10 PST 2006

Hello,
  It seems that anytime I need to authenticate to the Web Interface I'm asked to access it through HTTPS - unless I'm coming from 127.0.0.1 .
Can this behavior be suppressed?
Also, if the above is not possible or desired, once authenticated (through HTTPS) can the interface be redirected again to HTTP? Because ultimately the Web Interface will server our users to control jobs all connections will end up to be HTTPS, which is very taxing on resources.

(if the former issue is addressable)In some of our installations access to the servers will be through a reverse-proxy that will also do the HTTPS on their behalf. Is there a way to set up CUPS such that it signals the reverse-proxy it wants HTTPS but will still communicate with the reverse-proxy over HTTP?

Thanks,
Opher Shachar.