Client doesn't see the configuration options?Why?

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Fri Dec 15 01:33:14 PST 2006

> Nobody can help me here?
>
> Am Montag, 11. Dezember 2006 23:19 schrieb Qeldroma:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i had to re install my whole server-system, which provides access to my printer for all my home-pcs..

By the config files it seems you have CUPS 1.1.x . Is that true?

> > So i configured an canon ip5200 on this host and opened the config for remote clients.
> >
> > On client side, i opened the broadcast.
> >
> > Now what's my problem:
> > Because of a missing backup i have to do it completely new. Before, i had
> > access on the clients as i have connected the printer locally, meaning i
> > could access the dpi, page-size, etc... -options directly on the clients.
> >
> > Now, i can only change them on the server, don't know why.

CUPS 1.1.x did not have server side options defaults. So I'm not clear about your statement.
Moreover, the client's specified options at the time of submitting the job always takes precedence....

> > ...the application, i am using in that moment (p.e. kprinter).

What if you try submitting the job through the console with 'lp' specifying relevant options with '-o'? Does it work?

Cheers,
Opher.