[cups.general] Client doesn't see the configuration options?Why?

qeldroma qeldroma at freenet.de
Fri Dec 15 02:41:52 PST 2006

> By the config files it seems you have CUPS 1.1.x . Is that true?
Yes, it is ;) Sorry.

> CUPS 1.1.x did not have server side options defaults. So I'm not clear
> about your statement. Moreover, the client's specified options at the time
> of submitting the job always takes precedence....
Well, in my first mail i attached my config-files, which are reduced to the
values i need. All other things are not set or changed.
Or idd i understand you wrongly?

> > > ...the application, i am using in that moment (p.e. kprinter).
> What if you try submitting the job through the console with 'lp' specifying
> relevant options with '-o'? Does it work?
Oh, i've got not the problem that the clients can't print! My problem is, to
bring the settings-page/tab back to the printer-popups!

I simply can't get the options on the clients, although i allowed it in
the "/admin/ category...

Kind regards, Florian