How to add CGI scripts?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Dec 15 07:49:28 PST 2006

FabioDB wrote:
>> Put them in /usr/share/doc/cups, not /usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin.
>
> Did you mean /usr/share/cups/doc-root ?!

That's not the standard location, but if your distro puts it
there...

> I had put it inside doc-root, and it seem to find it, but browser don't show anything.

It is possible that your version of CUPS was not configured with
built-in Perl support.  As I've mentioned on other posts, you can
use #!/bin/perl (or wherever Perl is located) on the first line and
set the execute bit to get CUPS to treat it as a CGI program/script
by itself.