Opere browser prints in HUGH characters

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sat Dec 16 10:58:21 PST 2006

> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> > I've now done a quick "portable installation" of Opera9 using
> > klik [*], and I'm even writing this message through the klik-ed
> > Opera9 installed bundle  :-)
> >
> > Looks like the klik-ed Opera 9 works perfectly for printing.
> > There are indeed some settings to influence the printing outcome
> > regarding font sizes:
> >
> > --> Select from menu "File" --> "Print"
> > --> Click on the "Options" tab in the new dialog
> > --> Enter "Scale to print: 50%"
> > --> Tick the "Fit to paper width" checkbox
> > --> Don't click "Print" yet, click "Apply" instead, then "Cancel"
> >
> > Now see what the print preview gives you:
>
> > --> Select from menu "File" --> "Print preview"
> >
> > Does this now show a smaller print of fonts for the currently
> > loaded web page?
>
> Yes much smaller.
>
> Then I printed a page and it was much smaller than expected.

Yeah, we used "50%" after all.

> Possibly _too_ small but I'll experiment tomorrow and see if I
> can't get a suitable size.

BTW, you are not limited to the fixed values which are in the drop
down menu. I noticed you can edit the line to say something like "83%" even, and it sticks as well...

[...]

--
Kurt Pfeifle, Stuttgart/Germany  --  (Using klik on Knoppix)
http://klik.atekon.de/  and   http://opera91.klik.atekon.de/