Pages come out backwards

Glenn Ammons glenn.ammons at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 20:43:22 PST 2006

I am using CUPS to print via IPP to an HP LaserJet 1012 that is connected to my wife's Mac (running OS X).  If a file is printed from the Mac, the first page comes out first.  If the file is printed from my machine (running Ubuntu 6.10), the first page comes out last.

I access the printer by configuring the Mac to share it and configuring CUPS on my machine to "show printers shared by other systems".  I have tried adding the Mac's printer via "Add Printer" on my machine, so that I can specify a different PPD file, but haven't been able to get that to work (nothing is printed).

I think that I have a deep misunderstanding of how this all works.  Is there some way to configure my machine to print differently to this printer, or do I need to somehow change the printer's configuration on my wife's machine?

Thanks.
--glenn