Setting printer status from STOPPED to IDLE

Bawenang benang at cs.its.ac.id
Sun Dec 17 23:34:29 PST 2006

Hi, I've read in the development forum:

QUOTE from http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s933+gcups.development+v941+T1:
"The standard CUPS backends only use this exit code for absolutely fatal conditions such as bad URIs and other errors that require the administrator/user to manually fix the problem."

So if my application runs into this error and the admin has fixed the problem manually, how do I set the status to IDLE again from STOPPED in my application? My plan is I'll just make a button that can be clicked by the admin to clear the jobs queue and set the status to IDLE. I know that to clear the queue I'll just call cupsCancelJob(). But how to set the printer status? I believe there's a function called SetPrinterState() in printers.h. Do I have to call that function? If I do, what are the parameters? I can't find the explanation anywhere.

Sorry if the questions are rather stupid. I'm still a beginner in programming with CUPS.

Thanks alot in advance.