printing to windows xp

hp3500 series aleshchanov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 04:19:48 PST 2006

Hi,

I have an lpd server running on windows xp with a typical hp deskjet connected to its usb port. I've been trying to configure CUPS on my laptop running OpenBSD so that I send jobs to the lpd server on windows.

I added a printer using the web interface but when I try to print a test page I get "unsupported format 'application\postscript'". What does this error exactly mean? Does it mean that the printer attached to windows lpd server doesn't support postscript? How do I tell the client host not to use postscript and what ppds or filters do i need to specify and how? Do i need to run cups-lpd on the client (laptop)? Has anybody had any success with this type of setup ever???

Thank you,