Multiple servers - production and evaluation

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 08:41:55 PST 2006

> John A. Murdie wrote:
> > Was it not possible to make the port on which the scheduler listens entirely configurable using only the cupsd.conf file? (Though reconfiguring and rebuilding is quick and no real hardship.)
>
> It is possible and can be done - the --with-ipp-port directive just
> sets the *default* port number that is embedded in the cupsd.conf
> file.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

I've realised - as I should have done immediately - that the real problem is that if one uses the cups.sh start/stop script for a second `evaluation' cupsd on a machine, its `kill $pid' can kill the `production' cupsd on that machine. Apart from that, the configuration above may well suffice to separate the two schedulers.

John A. Murdie