[cups.general] windows & postscript via samba with hpijs

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Dec 20 01:21:18 PST 2006

Hello,

On Dec 19 12:10 christophe roux wrote (shortened):
> ... Debian with samba and cups and a HP Office Jet 6210 printer.
> I am able to print locally to the printer.
> I installed the Adobe Postcript driver for windows on the server;
> I installed the printer throught the net but when printing,
> the raw postscript text is printed.

By default Samba may do explicite "raw" printing.
Have a look at your smb.conf for something like
        cups options = raw

By the way:
This default is perfectly right for the usual case when the
Windows clients produce printer specific data with the Windows
printer driver from the manufacturer of the particular model.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de