cupsd over 95% CPU utilization

josh jsheedy at mtco.com
Wed Dec 20 08:41:38 PST 2006

Did you find a solve for this, I am not sure if I have exactly the same issue, but when I start cupsd it hit 99%.

17620 root      25   0  5744 2048 1468 R 99.2  0.4   1:19.44 cupsd
13292 jsheedy   15   0 27956  13m  10m R  3.3  2.7   0:04.53 konsole

I dont have a printer on this system, I have another system that runs cups that I am trying to connect to remotely(prints great, and XP system prints to it without issue).  I will have to look into my config I guess, I just have a generic cupds.conf file.