XP, IPP, CUPS and offline printers

nuno inĂ¡cio n.inacio at sapo.pt
Fri Dec 22 10:31:21 PST 2006

Well...

I'm posting this, but with few expectations as i never get an answer to this problem.
Just trying once more because it's christmas. :P

Here it goes:

I have a windows 2000 and XP on a CUPS server.
every thing works fine but I get a "offline printer" on XP just after a reboot. That means that it connects/installs well and after the 1st reboot it just states the IPP printers as "offline". They still print, but it gathers error files on windows queue.
Windows 2000 does't report that, but I have a XP64bit wich just doesn't print after that 1st reboot.

Furthermore I've googled the problem and i'm not the only one (even here there are some help requets) but never answers... worst: it seems that worked fine on FC4.

Can anyone give me a clue, a hint, a direction... anything!
Yup it's that desperate.

Mery Christmas