cups unable detecting usb printer on NSLU2

Wilbert Alberts wilbert.alberts at gmx.net
Sun Dec 24 05:26:07 PST 2006

Hi,

I tried to convert the Linksys NSLU2 into a cups based printer server. Therefore, I installed cups version 1.2.7 on it and attached a HP laserjet 1220.

When trying to add a printer using the web interface, the device drop down box does not contain an USB entry. I tried some commands:

# lpinfo -v
network socket
network http
network ipp
network lpd
direct scsi

# /opt/lib/cups/backend/usb
direct usb://HP/LaserJet%201220 "HP LaserJet 1220" "HP LaserJet 1220 USB #1" "MFG:Hewlett-Packard;CMD:PJL,MLC,PCL,PCLXL,POSTSCRIPT;MDL:HP LaserJet 1220;CLS:PRINTER;DES:Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 1220;MEM:8MB"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Wilbert