[cups.general] is it possible to configure cups to disallow pure-text jobs

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sun Dec 24 17:27:27 PST 2006

在 2006-12-24日的 10:43 -0500,Opher Shachar写道:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible at all, to disable ASCII-printing on print server side?
> > > In our environment absoltely nobody use ASCII-printing feature and it
> > > only causes trouble.
>
> You can try and remark (not tested) in /etc/cups/mime.types the line similar to this:
>    # text/plain     txt printable(0,1024)
> and make sure this line:
>    # application/octet-stream
> is also remarked.

Thank you very much! I have tested this in my own office where we use
broadcast, this works! No longer possible to send raw text to printer!
I'll further test if this works for other offices without broadcase.

Though I don't know if this works to stop the newbies using wrong driver
to produce 100 sheets of junk code. Still need to experiment.