[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2155: Add functionality to the CUPS Web Interface

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Thu Dec 14 14:40:16 PST 2006

[STR New]

Hello all,
   I would like to suggest adding the following features to the CUPS Web
Interface:
  1. The user may have selected the wrong printer/options when submitting
the job. So, we need an interface through which the user can change the
print options (presumably accessible after the move-job page).

  2. The former interface could be made available also when reprinting a
job.

  3. If the job is long (sometimes 100's of pages) the user may want to
view the file to decide which page ranges to print.
     So, we need a way to access the scheduler's copy of the text file and
send it as an HTML page.

Motivation:
    Our application currently prints by producing plain text files and
submitting them to CUPS ( using lp ) with appropriate options (cpi, lpi,
orientation etc.) selected by the user. Some of those printouts are a
result of long running (may be 4 hours or more) jobs.

Thanks,
Opher Shachar.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2155
Version:  -feature