[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2152: Problems with the Java scripting sources

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Fri Dec 15 05:26:53 PST 2006

[STR New]

Hello,
  I downloaded the CUPS 1.2.7 source archive.
The Java sources and classes under the scripting/java directory do not
compile or run on my server (FedoraCore 6, i386). The problem is a
dependancy of IPPBase64Encoder class on sun.misc.BASE64Encoder class hich
is an undocumented private class of Sun. See Sun's statement here:
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/faq/faq-sun-packages.html
I found an alternative class (released under GNU/LGPL) that inplements
Base64 encoding here http://www.source-code.biz/snippets/java/2.htm.
I changed IPPHttp.java appropriatly in the one place that it appeared.
Now it all compiles and runs :).

Also, you could consider updating the API to include ver 1.2 feature of
giving a list of "all" jobs.

Cheers,
Opher Shachar.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2152