Dymo printer improvements?

Bob M r.mariotti at fdcx.net
Fri Dec 15 05:45:43 PST 2006

Gentlemen;

I am seeking someone to collaborate on improving the support on the Dymo/CoStar line of labelwriter printers.  Both cups and Dymo offer a ppd file that does provide output (in basic text only) but it has ZERO formatting capability which is what this type of printer is all about.
Example: when ever I try to introduct ANY control sequences in the data stream, the printer prints only blank lines.  Remove them - it prints text.

As I am not currently familiar at all with the internals of the cups driver handling I fear the they might be stripping or misinterpretting the presence of any such codes.

Is anyone interested in this task?  Does anyone have access to a Dymo printer that would be willing to share some diagnostic/development time?
I am a reasonably astute application analysist, designer, developer but again, not cups internals fluent.

Anyone?

Bob