[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2171: Problems with buttons on the printers page in Web GUI on AIX

Andreas Walter Andreas.Walter at bg-phoenics.de
Thu Dec 21 05:44:46 PST 2006

[STR New]

After installing Cups on AIX 5.3 I had a problem printing a test
page on a configured printer:

The "print test page" button was linked to the host loopback.

The reason is the default entry in the /etc/hosts file on AIX:

127.0.0.1               loopback localhost      # loopback (lo0)
name/address

When I removed the loopback entry from that line everything works.

A line with IP address and the hostname in /etc/hosts exists.
It matches the ServerName and the Listen entry in the cupsd.conf
file.

In my opinion the cgi program should ignore the looback entry and use the
configured entries in the cupsd.conf file.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2171
Version: 1.2.4