[cups.general] Getting printjob pagecounts when SNMP won't work

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Wed Feb 1 11:07:23 PST 2006

Hi,

I am setting up a print server where we will be doing print charge back
accounting  (users pay by the page).  The backend wrapper "accsnmp"
works great for all but two printers that are too old and don't support
the common printer MIB.  Therefore, I presume that I need to use either
postscript or pcl to read the pagecounter before and after, and also to
get the printer status (printing and idle).  Does anyone have any code
snippets that do that or is there yet another mechanism to accomplish
the same thing.

Thanks,
Rob

--