alignmargins

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Feb 3 16:39:18 PST 2006

> cjpembo at earthlink.net wrote:
> > Im having trouble understanding the ml, mb, mr, mt variables in the align.ps document used with the alignmargins scrip.  Any body care to answer a few questions?
>
> If you post the questions here on the list, someone will answer them for
> sure.
>
>    Till

I have been able to get the page to print evenly, to within 1/8 inch of the 4 physical edges of the paper.  I did this by editing the Margins variables x and y.
Now I am trying to adjust the four clipping edge variables, ml, mb, mr, mt (at least I think that is what I must do).  Im not really sure what these variable mean as align.ps is not the easiest document to understand.
I do know that when I print a web page, that the page header and footers are "moved too far up and too far down respectively" like the page needs to be scalled down slightly to fit within my papers "printing region".

Think of it like this: paper is 8.5 x 11, toner is applied to within 1/8 of each page edge (good), but that which is drawn within this printed regions is "a little too large to be seen completely, perhaps extending outside of my printing region by a 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

I hope this helps and thank you for the help.